Monday, May 27, 2002

MEMORIAL DAY. We seem so removed from the events being memorialized. Do most people even know the significance?

Uneventful day for me. I washed the car. Used the new wash from Zymöl. It's great stuff and it smells good (tropical oils, lemon, coconut). The last time I did the full washing/cleaning/feeding routine I attracted a hummingbird into the garage. He hovered above the large red car seeming quite confused.

We spent the afternoon at my father-in-law's house. I like him and his wife, but some of the characters that show up make me start humming the They Might Be Giants song Racist Friend. If you are not familiar with the song here are the some of the lyrics:

It was the loveliest party that I've ever attended
If anything was broken I'm sure it could be mended
My head can't tolerate this bobbing and pretending
Listen to some bullet-head and the madness that he's saying

No comments: