Friday, June 28, 2002

the friday five
When was the last time you...

1. ...sent a handwritten letter? It's been a long time. My family is all on email. We even use Evite to set up birthdays and holiday gatherings.

2. ...baked something from scratch or made something by hand? I cooked dinner last weekend, but didn't BAKE anything. The last thing I built by hand would be the raised bed for the garden a few weeks ago. It's not fancy, but it involved hammers, nails, and a saw.

3. ...camped in a tent? Last summer we went to Sunset Beach south of Santa Cruz and camped in the tent with the kids.

4. ...volunteered your time to church, school, or community? I spent some time this past school year taking photographs of the kids in my daughter's 1st grade class. The photos ended up on posters, wall displays and memory books.

5. ...helped a stranger? Yesterday I went to the credit union to deposit a check. A lady in front of me walked away from the ATM, leaving it waiting for her next transaction with her card inside. I logged her out, grabbed her card and shouted her down. She gave me a friendly smile.

No comments: