Friday, August 02, 2002

smattering.org >> the friday five
1. What is your lineage? Where are your ancestors from? I'm 1/4 Greek, 1/4 Italian, 3/8 French and 1/8 Swedish. I have dark hair and dark eyes, but pale skin.

2. Of those countries, which would you most like to visit? I have been to Italy, France, and Sweden, so the next logical place to visit would be the Greek Islands (specifically Rhodes, where my grandfather was born).

3. Which would you least like to visit? Why? I like the other 3 countries, but I have family in France and friends in Sweden, so I'd have to say Italy, since we don't know anyone there.

4. Do you do anything during the year to celebrate or recognize your heritage? Not really. We used to go to the Greek festivals occasionally when my father was alive.

5. Who were the first ancestors to move to your present country (parents, grandparents, etc)? My father's parents (my grandparents) were new immigrants, settling in Pittsburg PA. My mother's mother's family used to live in Flushing, NY, but moved back to France where she married my grandfather. My mother moved to the US with my father a few months before I was born.

No comments: