Tuesday, September 24, 2002

Last week on the radio I heard President Bush mangling the old saying "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." I searched for a transcript of it at the time, but no one had posted one to the internet yet. I heard the Who song "Won't Get Fooled Again" this morning and it made me recall Bush's bungling. Today I found the quote on BUSHLEXIA:

"There's an old...saying in Tennessee...I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee that says Fool me once...(3 second pause)... Shame on...(4 second pause)...Shame on you....(6 second pause)...Fool me...Can't get fooled again." --George W. Bush to Nashville, Tennessee audience, Sept. 17, 2002, MSNBC-TV --Politex, Sept. 17, 2002, 10 PM

And via Dan Gillmor I found video, in all the standard formats, at JOHO the Blog of Bush panicking as he realizes he's not going to get through it smoothly. Funny!

No comments: