Monday, November 04, 2002

underemployment
    "A situation in which a worker is employed, but not in the desired capacity, whether in terms of compensation, hours, or level of skill and experience. While not technically unemployed, the underemployed are often competing for available jobs."
Or more recently, searching for unavailable jobs. I certainly find myself in this situation. I am not in a job I enjoy, and I feel like my skills and experience are completely underutilized. I have been searching for something else to do here in Silicon Valley, but the outlook has been bleak. Companies are still downsizing, repositioning, and tightening their belts. I constantly network with people but I have had little luck even getting in front of someone to discuss employment. It's getting frustrating.

No comments: